Tuesday, November 29, 2011

# 3 White water rafting


White water rafting is something on my bucket list that I have had the opportunity of completing more than once (4 times to be exact). Each time was a very different experience and a lot of fun. The first year I did it was maybe the most memorable because it was the first time I was white water rafting and everything was a surprise (this also happened to be the same year that I went bungee jumping).

The following photos are group shots of each year that I went white water rafting. Except, however, for the 2nd year, where we spent most of our time partying and almost getting evicted from the ranch house we rented. I assume they don’t like it when people try riding their donkeys and take their antique carriages out for a spin… needless to say, we never got around to taking group photos.

This was year 2
 A few hours later I woke up to him peeing on my buddies pillow!

 
Year 1

Year 2
This sign was hanging at the end of our gravel driveway leading to the barn.
Year 3
Year 4

The third year that I went we experienced, by far, the best white water I have ever rafted on. One of the rapids we hit was through the main channel of the river called “The Bus Eater”, and it was pretty insane! Here are some pictures of us hitting this wall of water head on. I am in the second row, on the right side.


White water rafting is something that I will definitely do again. However, I would love to do it somewhere that is a tad more risky and heart pounding. Zambezi river anyone?

For more information on white water rafting in Ottawa please visit Wilderness Tours or check out National Geographic’s top 10 white water rafting destinations.

#3 White water rafting

No comments:

Post a Comment